Rotterdam Town Court

Rotterdam Town Court


Working Hours:
Monday:8:00 am– 4:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am– 4:00 pm
Wednesday:8:00 am– 4:00 pm
Thursday:  8:00 am– 4:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am– 4:00 pm
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed


Judge Kenneth Litz 
Judge Kevin Mercoglan


Connect with a Attorney

Clerk of Courts

Diane Marco
Lisa Schaap

Rotterdam Town Court is a trial courthouse in Schenectady, New York, with the Rotterdam Police Department in the Public Safety Building. It is situated within the 3rd and 4th Judicial District Departments. It has jurisdiction over many cases and matters, including traffic and vehicle matters, criminal and civil cases and offenses, small claims and eviction matters. It also handles speeding tickets given by the New York Police or the sheriff. Mainly traffic and criminal matters are prosecuted by the District Attorney’s Office of Schenectady County. The Court session will be held every Monday and Thursday at 3:00 pm.

See also  Superior Court of Ventura

How to search for the case record?

Rotterdam Town Court records are available in the clerk’s office and can be found online. They can be found online by using the following ways:

  • Searching by name
  • Searching by case number
  • Searching by address
  • Searching by phone
  • Searching by email

Some recorded information about cases is not available online because they are lawfully confidential, like a criminal, family matters etc. These types of information are only available at the county court or clerk’s office. They can be obtained by giving an Open Public Records Request. Fill in all the information on the form and send it to the court. The court will respond with whether to provide this information or not. For more information about the public records, call or mail the court.

How many divisions are in Rotterdam Town Court?

Rotterdam Town Court Division is divided into the following court:

  • Traffic and Vehicle Court
  • Criminal Court
  • Civil Court
  • Small Claims and Eviction Matters Court

The traffic court handles which types of cases?

Rotterdam Town Traffic Court handles all traffic, vehicle and speeding cases and violations. It takes the case of speeding tickets given by the New York Police or sheriff on different highways. The violation includes:

  • Driving a vehicle without a license or insurance or with an expired license.
  • Not obeying traffic signals.
  • Driving recklessly 
  • Drive while drinking
  • Going very fast, which is above the average limit.
  • Using a phone while driving.

The violation results in points and high points that will suspend your driving license and will not be renewed until the court gives the order. Mainly the traffic court cases are prosecuted by the Saratoga District Attorney.

See also  Clifton Park Town Court


How can a person fight if they receive a speeding ticket?

If a person received a traffic or speeding ticket, then firstly call or take guidance from the attorney and then enter a plea. Two types of the plea are available that are:

Plea of Guilty

If you enter a guilty plea, the court will respond with some fines or, if necessary, send you a court date for the hearing, but in most cases, only a fine has to be paid, and the case is solved. In a guilty plea, you can request a defensive driving course to reduce your fine, and your case will be removed from the record.

Plea of Not Guilty

If you enter a plea of not guilty, then appearing in court is mandatory. The court will send you a schedule for the case hearing with a heavy fine. You cannot request a defensive driving course in this case. You had to appear in court with some proof or evidence, and if you did not come, your driving license would be suspended, or sometimes warrants would be issued against you.

What are the responsibilities of the court clerk?

Rotterdam Town Court clerk’s services are maintaining each case file, receiving and handling payment and fines, and helping the judge in the case hearing. They are responsible for maintaining all Official Town Records and issuing various licenses; they provide certified public records, marriage licenses, birth and death certificates, permits, etc. They are known as record management and filing officers. The office also had a deputy clerk who helped with every aspect. Contact the clerk’s office if you want any help.

How to get a marriage license?

Rotterdam Town Court’s marriage license is obtained from the clerk’s office and given by Saratoga County. The fee for a marriage license is $40. The couple’s age must be 18+. If someone is under 18, written consent from parents, guardians, and the judge is mandatory. To get the certification, the couple had to come to the court in person, fill out the marriage form and submit it with an original sealed birth certificate issued by the state, photo ids like a driver’s license, Passport, or anything that could prove their identity. All documents must be in English. If this is anyone’s second marriage, a divorce paper or spouse death certificate must be required at the time of registration. In the presence of the city or town clerk, the application license will be signed by the couple. If anyone wants the copies, fill out the certificated copy of the marriage license request, and submit it to the court. You should apply for a license 24 hours before the marriage ceremony. The permit is valid for up to 60 days. The clerk and deputy clerk can also perform wedding ceremonies in this town; they are the official members.

See also  Wawayanda Town Court

see also Thomas County Superior Court

How to make payments?

Rotterdam Town Court pays tickets, fines, and other payments can be made in the following ways:


A person can pay for tickets and fines by visiting the court during regular court hours and paying in cash, checks, or with a card at the counter. 2.99% convenience and other charges will be applied if you make payment with a credit card.


A person can pay online using the New York online payment portal. Service fees will be applied in this method. Defensive driving, dismissal, or deferred disposition requests cannot be made if you pay online.


A Person can send a certified check or money order to the court’s mailing address. The address is 101 Princetown Rd, Schenectady, NY 12306, United States. Cash or personal checks are not acceptable in the mail; only certified checks or money orders are accepted.


At what time can I go for the marriage license application processing?

The marriage license application can be processed from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm.

What are the fees for adjacent cases?

$39 is the fee for the adjacent cases with the final disposition of guilt.

If I drive with a speed limit of over 40, then how many points do I receive?

Eleven points will be received if you drive over 40 mph.

Similar Posts