Moreau Town Court

Moreau Town Court

Google Maps

351 Reynolds Rd, Fort Edward, NY 12828, United States


Working Hours:
Monday: 8:00 am– 4:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am– 4:00 pm
Wednesday:8:00 am– 4:00 pm
Thursday: 8:00 am– 4:00 pm
Friday:8:00 am– 4:00 pm
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed


Jeffrey B. McCabe
John G. Hogan

Court Administrative:


Chief Prosecutor:

 Martin W. Pozefsky
Phone: 518-793-3188
Fax: 518-793-3294
Email: [email protected]


Connect with a Attorney

Clerk of Courts

Jamie Green
Ron Belisle
Kaitlynn Martin
Colleen Nichols
Kristine Brown

Moreau Town Court is a city courthouse in Saratoga County, New York. It is located within the 3rd and 4th judicial district departments. The court has jurisdiction over criminal, civil, small claims, and traffic matters. Marriage requests are also available but with appointment only. Everyone in the court should wear suitable and proper clothing.

See also  Fontana Court


Moreau Town Court division consists of the following:

  • Criminal Division
  • Civil Division
  • Traffic Division
  • Small Claim Division

How to search for cases?

Moreau Town Court records can be found online in the following ways:

  • Searching by name
  • Searching by case number
  • Searching by address
  • Searching by phone
  • Searching by email

Some information about records is not available online, like serious crime or marriage information, because they are confidential by law and are not available online. These types of information are only available at the court office. You had to submit a form for this information, and then the court would respond whether to provide the record information or not.

How to make payment

Moreau Town Court payment can be made in the following ways:


A person can make payment by visiting the court during business hours and paying in cash, checks, or with a card at the counter. Service or deduction charges of 2.99% will be applied if you pay with a credit card.


A person can pay online by using the online payment website. Processing fees will be applied in this method.

Link: Click here.


A Person can send a certified check or money order to the court’s mailing address. The address is 351 Reynolds Rd, Fort Edward, NY 12828, United States. Do not send cash or personal statements in the mail; only accredited checks are accepted.

How can someone access Divorce Records?

Moreau Town Court Divorce records are sealed by law, and photo identification is required to be viewed. The person who had a divorce and their attorney can also access the records in the following ways:


Visit the court office and provide an ID with a photo and signatures. $5 is the fee for a certified copy of that record.

See also  Rockingham County Courthouse

By mail

Send a letter of request with your notarized signature, a self-addressed stamped envelope, and an in-state check or money order for payment to the court mailing address.

see also Iredell County District Court

How can the notice of appeal be filed?

Moreau Town Court notice of appeal can be filled at the clerk’s office. $65 is the fee for form filling. The requirement for fillings are:

  • Notice of appeal original and two copies
  • Initial Information Statement original and a copy
  • Appeal form from the judge

Initial Information Statement is available at

The traffic division handles which types of cases?

The town of Moreau traffic court handles all the cases in which traffic ticket is received. The cases include speeding, New York State traffic violation, and vehicle law. Two types of tickets are received. 

  • Misdemeanour: 

If the misdemeanour box is checked, an appearance in court is necessary.  

  • Traffic infraction:

If the traffic infraction box is checked, then the ticket is handed by visiting the court or by sending the plea by mail to the court.

How are wedding requests made?

The Wedding requests can be made by appointment only. The town judge will perform the ceremony. You must have the marriage license provided by the town clerk, which has not expired yet. $100 is the fee for the judge that performed the wedding. To make an appointment for the request, call on 518-793-3188. 

How to get a marriage license?

Moreau Town Court marriage license is obtained from the clerk. The fee for a marriage license is $40 and for certificates is $10 per copy. The couple’s age must be 18+. If the age is 17, the couple’s parents must be presented in court, and approval must be taken from the Supreme Court or family court judge. To get the certification, the couple had to submit a marriage form with a birth certificate, photo ids like a driver’s license, Passport, or anything that could prove their identity. If this is anyone’s second marriage, a divorce paper or spouse death certificate must be required at the time of registration. The expiration of the license is up to 60 days.

See also  Lassen County Superior Court

The small claim division handles which types of cases?

Moreau Town Court’s small claims division handles cases in which a person sues another person. It takes cases in which city claims are up to $5000 and $3000 for the village and town claims. In these types of cases, an attorney and lawyer are not required. The court fee is $10 to $20, and for commercial claims, the fee is $25. The person you are suing must be 18+, and you must fill out a form explaining your claim. If the claim is commercial, that building or property must be in that town.

see also Klamath County Circuit Court

The clerk provides which types of services?

Moreau Town Court clerk provides the following services:

  • Provides marriage certificate
  • Provide birth and death certificates for the town residents
  • Issue Students Attending Community College resident’s certificate 
  • Provides legal notices, adoption law notice
  • Provides notary services 
  • Issue parking permits to the disabled persons
  • Attend all the meetings


What is the timing for the criminal court division?

The criminal court hears and solves cases every Wednesday at 9:00 am.

What is the filing fee in a town or village small claim court?

$10 if the claim is up to $1000 and $15 if the claim is more than $1000.

What can I do if I do not afford an attorney for my case?

You can apply to be represented by the public defender if you do not afford an attorney for the case.

Is there a schedule of standard fines for the traffic infraction?

No, the fines depend upon the type of offence you committed, and the judge will give you a fine according to the law. If the same offence is repeated, severe punishment will be given, and if you do not pay the fine on time, your driving license or insurance will be suspended. It would not be renewed until the court gives the order.

Am I entitled to a jury trial for a traffic infraction?

No, you are not entitled to a jury trial for the traffic infraction.

When will court sessions for small claims and traffic cases be held?

The court session for small claims and traffic cases will be held every Wednesday at 2:00 pm.

What is Moreau town hall?

Moreau town hall is a government office in New York.

Similar Posts