Superior Court of Kings



Working Hours:
Monday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Wednesday:8:00 am – 4:00pm
Thursday:  8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Friday:  8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed




Judge Michael J. Reinhart (Presiding Judge)
Judge Jennifer Giuliani
Judge Steven D. Barnes
Judge Robert S. Burns
Judge Thomas DeSantos
Judge James LaPorte
Judge Donna L. Tarter

Chief Executive Officer


Chief Prosecutor

Dan Satterberg

Clerk of Courts

Nancy T. Sunshine
James Blain (Deputy)


Connect with a Attorney


Superior Court of Kings is one of the 28 Superior county courts in Hanford, California. It is situated in the world’s most productive agricultural area of the Southern San Joaquin Valley. It has jurisdiction over criminal, small claims, family, and traffic and vehicle matters. The mission statement of the superior court is to provide justice to every person in a timely and outlay manner. The court offers services that help everyone do their work, like payment and case searches online, without going to court. One Superior court located in this county is:

  • Kings Superior Court
See also  Williamson County Court

How to search for case information?

King Superior Court case search can be done by intelligent searching as; well you can come to court for any case search if you feel difficulty using the online method. You can search for records of cases information using intelligent search in the following ways:

  • Search by Record or Case Number
  • Search by first and last name
  • Search by Attorney name
  • Search by Judges name
  • Search by warrant

 Fill in the captcha; the records will come according to the data you entered. If the records are not found, they may be confidential, and you have to go to the court and fill out the record request form. After receiving the form, the court responds with a response about whether to give you that case information. Some records are destroyed, so if you want those types of documents, then they are not available, and some requests for records that are very confidential are not given to you, and your request will be denied in the first place. For more information about the public records, call or mail the court. 

see also Circuit Court Of Appeals

How to search for a court hearing?

King Superior Court hearings for a specific date range can also be done online by using location, hearing types, Search types, and Search by date from and date to. The Search types are further categorized into the following, and you can use any method:

  • Search by Case Number
  • Search by Party Name
  • Search by Business Name
  • Search by Attorney Name
  • Search by Attorney bar Number
  • Search by Judicial Officer
  • Search by Courthouse

How can I make a payment?

Kings Superior Court fines and traffic tickets payments can be made in the following ways:


A person can pay for tickets and fines by visiting the court during regular court hours and paying in cash, checks, or with a card at the counter window. Take your ticket when you are coming for payment. 2.5% surcharges will be applied if you make payment with a credit card. 


Online payment can be made using the Kings Superior Court Online Payment Portal Enter the Ticket/Citation, summons, case, driver’s license number, party, or business name and enter search. Your case with the amount of the fine will be displayed. Select the payment option and pay the amount online. The service fees will be applied in this case. Remember, online payment is not accepted if a person ages 18 and they receive traffic tickets or fines.

See also  mesa superior court


A Person can send a certified check or money order to the court’s mailing address; 1640 Kings County Dr, Hanford, CA 93230, United States. Cash or personal checks are not acceptable in the mail; only certified checks or money orders are accepted. Remember to write your citation when you send the payment, and mail the amount in a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you want a receipt.

Which types of forms are available in this court?

Kings Superior Court forms are available online, and they are:

  • Adoption Forms
  • Eviction Forms
  • Appeal Forms
  • Fee Waiver Forms
  • Small Claims Forms
  • Traffic Forms
  • Divorce Forms
  • Domestic Violence Forms
  • Probate Forms
  • Name Change Forms 

The above and other forms are available online, and you can search your forms by form number or viewing all the forms.

How can I file a small claim case?

Kings Superior Court Small claims court handles all the claims that are up to $ 10,000 or less than that. You can file a small claims case by filing a verbal or written request with payment. The defendant must be a resident of this county. Fill out the forms online at Please fill out our and the defendant’s personal information, and write in detail the reason for the claims and the amount you are claiming. $30 is the fee for a claim up to $1500, $50 if the claim is up to $5000, and $75 if the claim is up to 10,000. If the same person had claimed many times in this court for the last 12 months, they should pay $100. 

Which services are provided by the Family Court?

Kings Superior Court Family Court services provide Child Custody Recommending Counseling, Stepparent Adoptions, Minor Marriage, Domestic Violence, Child Custody, Support and Visitation Emancipation of Minors, and probation services. You can take that service online by using The Family Facilitators will provide you with an attorney if you need legal advice.

What can a family law case resolution process do?

Kings Superior Court family law case resolution is a process offered by this court from 1 January 2013. It provides quick trial dates, an early settlements process, litigation-reduced expenses, and gives better assistance to the family. One or more status conferences in which parties, attorneys, and judicial officers will manage your case by a resolution plan.

see also The Sixth Circuit Court Of Appeals

How can I apply for divorce?

Kings Superior Court divorce case can be applied by filling out the divorce form and paying $435 for this case. You had to wait up to 6 months after submitting the form, and then the defendant will be served the documents. Then after that time, you had to submit the judgment paperwork to the court for a Judge’s signature before you are legally divorced.

See also  Superior Court of Placer

What are the filing fees for filing any case?

Kings Superior Court Filing fees depend upon the type of case you are filing. $225 for a limited civil case of a complaint, $100 for the Petition for forfeiture where a claim has been filed with the district attorney for an impounded vehicle, $435 for the petition to prevent form civil harassment, $60 for motion or application to continue a trial date and $150 for advanced jury fees, etc.

When appearing in the Superior Court of Kings, it is important to understand the court’s procedures and rules. This includes knowing what to wear, how to file court documents, and how to behave in the courtroom. The court’s website provides helpful information for parties appearing in court, including tips on courtroom decorum and etiquette.


In conclusion, the Superior Court of Kings is a vital part of the California judicial system. Whether you are involved in a criminal case, a civil lawsuit, or a small claims dispute, the court plays a critical role in ensuring that justice is served. Understanding the court’s functions, roles, and procedures can help you navigate the legal system and protect your rights.


How can I contact a small claims advisor? 

Kings Superior Court, a small claims advisor, is located at 1400 West Lacy Blvd.

 Hanford, CA 93230. You can visit them or call them during working hours.

Dial: 559-852-4430

Which documents are required when meeting with the family facilitators?

The documents that are mandatory when you meet the family facilitators are:

  • Case document copy 
  • Information on your income and expenses
  • Invoice of AFDC or last three paychecks studs 
  • Last tax return copy
How can I clear my warrant?

You may contact your attorney or criminal division department for the clearance of your warrants.

Phone: 559-582-1010 

Do I have to go to court if I am involved in a criminal case?

Yes, going to court is mandatory if you are involved in any criminal case.

Can I appeal if I am not satisfied with this court result?

Yes, you can appeal if you are not satisfied with your case result. You can hire a lawyer if you feel difficulty in appealing. The appellate division of the superior court will take the cases of appeals. The court only reviews your case; you cannot submit new evidence in appeal.

Different courts of king

Counties in California

Alameda | Alpine | Amador | Butte | Calaveras | Colusa | Contra Costa | Del Norte | El Dorado | Fresno | Glenn | Humboldt | Imperial | Inyo | Kern | Kings | Lake | Lassen | Los Angeles | Madera | Marin | Mariposa | Mendocino | Merced | Modoc | Mono | Monterey | Napa | Nevada | Orange | Placer | Plumas | Riverside | Sacramento | San Benito | San Bernardino | San Diego | San Francisco | San Joaquin | San Luis Obispo | San Mateo | Santa Barbara | Santa Clara | Santa Cruz | Shasta | Sierra | Siskiyou | Solano | Sonoma | Stanislaus | Sutter | Tehama | Trinity | Tulare | Tuolumne | Ventura | Yolo | Yuba

Federal courts

Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals | U.S. District Court: Central District of California, Eastern District of California, Northern District of California, Southern District of California | U.S.

Bankruptcy Court: Central District of California, Eastern District of California, Northern District of California, Southern District of California

State courts

California Supreme Court | California Courts of Appeal | California Superior Courts | Superior Court of California

State resources

Courts in California | California judicial elections | Judicial selection in California

Similar Posts