Vidor Municipal Court

Vidor Municipal Court


Working Hours:
Monday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday:   8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Wednesday:8:00 am – 5:00pm
Thursday:   8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday:    8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed




Judge Michael Abbott

Court Administrative:


Chief Prosecutor

Todd Spitzer
Dial:  409-769-7452
Fax: 409-769-5712


Connect with a Attorney

Clerk of Courts

Ashley Thibodeaux (Chief)
Carla Flanigan (Assistant)
Alicia Copeland (Deputy)

Vidor Municipal Court is a trial and city courthouse in the County of Orange, Texas. It is situated in the city hall municipal building. It has jurisdiction over C-type felony cases, including criminal, traffic, vehicle, and speeding. Their goal is to provide a professional atmosphere and fair justice to everyone who visits the court for their problems. The Vidor City Council appointed the judge according to the state of law. The court does not give legal advice. Proper Dressing is mandatory during the court session.

See also  Corrigan Municipal Court

How to find records information?

Vidor Municipal Court records information for cases can be found online. All records are available in the clerk’s and county clerk’s offices. All the case information and trails are recorded and maintained by the county and clerk’s office. They can be searched online by using the following ways:

  • Searching by case number
  • Searching by name and city/state
  • Searching by address
  • Searching by phone
  • Searching by email

Sometimes, case information records are unavailable online because it is confidential according to the law, like criminal cases etc. These types of information are only available at the county court or county clerk’s office. They can be obtained by filing and sending a record request form. Fill in all the required information on the form. Send the fees for the copies of the record. After receiving the form, the court will respond with whether to provide this information. For more information about the public records, call or mail the court.

see also Cleburne County Courthouse

How to make payments?

Vidor Municipal Court payments for tickets and fines can be made in the following ways:


A person aged 17+ can pay for tickets and fines by visiting the court during regular court hours and paying in cash, checks, or a card at the counter. Take your driver’s license or any other state ID when you are coming for payment. 2.99% processing and additional charges will be applied if you make payment with a credit card. 


The Online Payment for a traffic ticket can be made using the ticket number. Select the payment method. Another way to [pay online is by using the American Municipal Service portal Fill in all the information and pay online. The service fees will be applied in both cases. You can also contact the online payment group at 1-800-444-1187. 

See also  Union Township Municipal Court


A Person can send a certified check or money order to the court’s mailing address. The address is 1330 First Street, Vidor, TX, 77662. Cash or personal checks are not acceptable in the mail; only certified checks or money orders are accepted. Remember to write your citation when you send the payment, and mail the amount in a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you want a receipt.


Put your payment in an envelope with a citation number and drop it in the drop box that is located in the court.

Payment plans are also available. 

How can non-juvenile, non-warrant and warrant cases be searched?

Vidor Municipal Court case search for non-juvenile non-warrant and warrant cases can be done by typing the person’s last name. The website will give you the detail of the case. If the information does not appear after entering the last name, the information does not appear, then contact the court; they will give you detailed information about your cases.

How can I apply for a payment plan?

Vidor Municipal Court payment plan facilities are given by this court. You can apply for payment by appearing by the judge in court or without appearing by the judge. If you do not want to appear to the judge, then call the court, and they will see if you are eligible for the plan. You had to give a 25% payment plan when you came for the payment plan in person at the counter. Two types of the payment plan are available:

  • Payment plan of 30 days, you had to pay all the amount within 30 thirty days.
  • You can pay a monthly basis plan, but you have to pay a $25 fee per violation for this plan.
See also  Painesville Municipal Court

How can I send a plea to the court?

Vidor Municipal Court plea can only be written if you received a traffic infraction, vehicle, speeding, or parking ticket. Write a plea and send it before the citation date noted on your ticket. Download the plea form, choose the plea you want, write your name and email address date, and sign your signature. Three types of plea can be written and mailed to the court that are:

Plea of Guilty

Choose a guilty plea if you admit you violated the law or committed a crime. The court will review your application and respond with the fine amount or, in severe cases, with a court date. You can request a deferred disposition or driving safety course in this plea.

Plea of Not Consent

This plea means that you are proven guilty by the court, but you do not contest the state charges against you. You can request a deferred disposition or driving safety course in this plea.

Plea of Not Guilty

If you do not accept your offense and deny all the violations against you, then choose the plea of not guilty. The court will review your application and send you a schedule for your court appearance, and you have to appear on time. Firstly a trial date is given to you, and you must appear with all the proof in your defense. Hire an attorney in this case. In this plea, you cannot request a deferred disposition or driving safety course.

see also How To Take Someone To Small Claims Court

How can I appeal against the court’s decision?

Vidor Municipal Court was given the opportunity of appealing. If a person is unsatisfied with the result, they can appeal within ten days of the decision. You had to file a municipal bond during the appeal.


How can I represent myself in court?

It is best to hire a lawyer or attorney that represents you during the case because they know all the proceedings and methods and they can help you during the case. If you want to represent yourself, you must have strong evidence proving your innocence. You can take help from Texas court or law help.

How can I request a continuation?

If you want to request a continuance in your case, you must write a request and send it to the court ten days before the trial or pretrial date.

What happens if I arrive late during my case hearing?

Your case will be rescheduled if you arrive late for the hearing.

Similar Posts