Union Township Municipal Court

Union Township Municipal Court


Working Hours:
Monday: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Wednesday:8:00 am –3:00pm
Thursday:  8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Friday:    8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed


Judge Jonathan H. Rosenbluth
Judge Cassandra Corbett
Judge Kelly Waters
Judge Jennifer Berlinski

Court Administrative

Pat Nasta

Chief Prosecutor

Michael Wittenberg (Chief)
Drew Bauman
Kirk Nelson
Dial: 908-851-5400
Fax: 908-851-5256


Connect with a Attorney


Union Township Municipal Court is a justice city courthouse in Humboldt County, Nevada, New Jersey. It has jurisdiction over non-indictable offenses within the town, including traffic and vehicle violations, offenses of disorderly persons, criminal matters, and violations of the local ordinance. Every person must follow all rules and proper dress in this court.

How to find records information?

Union Township Municipal Court record information for cases are available in the town clerk’s and county clerk’s offices and found online on different websites. All the case information and trails are recorded and maintained by the county and clerk’s office. They can be searched online by using the following ways:

  • Searching by case number
  • Searching by name and city/state
  • Searching by address
  • Searching by phone
  • Searching by email

Sometimes, case information records are unavailable online because it is confidential according to the law. These types of information are only available at the county court or county clerk’s office. They can be obtained by filing and sending an open public record access request form. Fill in all your personal information on the form. You had to describe in detail why you need these records. Provide the specific address if your record request is related to a property. Send the fees for the copies of the record. Please read all the details before sending the form. After receiving the form, the court will respond with whether to provide this information. For more information about the public records, call or mail the court. 

How to make payments?

Union Township Municipal Court pays tickets and fines payment can be made in the following ways:


A person can pay for tickets and fines by visiting the court during regular court hours and paying in cash, checks, or with a card at the court window. Take your ticket when you are coming for payment. 2.99% processing and other charges will be applied if you make payment with a credit card. 

See also  Magnolia Municipal Court


Online payment can be made using the New Jersey Online Payment Portal www.njmcdirect.com. Enter the case or ticket number, license plate number, valid credit card information, and court code. The service fees will be applied in this case.


A Person can send a certified check or money order to the court’s mailing address, 1976 Morris Avenue Union, NJ 07083. Cash or personal checks are not acceptable in the mail; only certified checks or money orders are accepted. Remember to write your citation when you send the payment, and mail the amount in a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you want a receipt.

How can I use the Online Municipal Case Resolution System for my case?

Union Township Municipal Court Online Municipal Case Resolution System is a system offered by this court in which your case is resolved without any physical appearance. Enter the ticket information on njmcdirect.com, check if your violation is eligible for this system, and then click Case Dispute. The prosecutor will then review your eligible ticket and reply with advice.

see also Ulster County Family Court

How can I take a virtual court session?

Union Township Municipal Court virtual court sessions were introduced in the era of Coronavirus by using the zoom application. A person can take the virtual court by submitting the virtual court session form. The court will review the application, and if your case is eligible for the online session, respond with a schedule and a zoom meeting link. It is recommended to join the meeting link 10 minutes before the actual time. Make sure you have a strong internet connection and that no noise occurs during the session.

Which type of traffic cases are handled by this court?

Union Township Municipal Court traffic court handles all traffic cases and violation that includes accident, hit and run, following someone very closely, speeding, driving while drinking or having drugs, driving carelessly or recklessly, failing to stop at the red sign, not following traffic rules, tailgating, driving with a suspended, expired or no license, and driving underage. In some traffic cases where the court appearance is checked, appearance in the court is mandatory; otherwise, write a plea and send it to the court. Two types of pleas can be sent to the court for traffic offenses:

See also  CortlandVille town court

Plea of GuiltY

Choose a guilty plea if you admit you violated the law or committed a crime. The court will review your application and respond with the acceptable amount or, in severe cases, with a court date. 

Plea of Not Guilty

If you do not accept your offense and deny all the violations against you, then choose the plea of not guilty. You had to write the explanation in detail to prove you were innocent and send the proof with the plea form. The court will review your application and send you a schedule for your court appearance, and you have to appear on time. Firstly a trial date is given to you, and you must appear with all the proof in your defense. Hire an attorney in this case.

see also Cassia County Courthouse

Which type of criminal cases are handled by this court?

Union Township Municipal Court criminal cases include murder, theft, fighting in the bar, giving terroristic threats, possession of marijuana and drugs paraphernalia, harassment, behaving mischievously, drinking underage or publically, and destroying property. The criminal court handles all these cases. Hire an attorney if you are involved in any one of these cases for your help and guidance. 

see also Wayne County Friend Of The Court


How can I contact the clerk?

The Union Township Municipal Court clerk’s phone number is 908-851-8501. You can visit the clerk’s office or call them during working hours if you need help.

What is the cost of the disposition certificate?

Union Township Municipal Court certification of disposition is free of cost. If you want this certificate, mail or fax a written request to the court. Add your name, address, phone number, birth date, offense type, and the last date of court.

Can traffic tickets or fines pay using the phone?

No, you cannot pay a fine or traffic ticket over the phone; instead, you can use the online payment portal www.njmcdirect.com.

Similar Posts