Tehama County Superior Court

Tehama County Superior Court


Working Hours:
Monday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Tuesday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Wednesday:8:30 am – 4:30pm
Thursday:  8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Friday:  8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed


C. Todd Bottke
Matthew C. McGlynn
Jonathan Skillman
Laura Woods


Connect with a Attorney


Tehama County Superior Court is a city courthouse serving the residents of Tehama County, California. It is located within the court of appeal in the third district, and the appeal from the eastern state district goes to the ninth circuit United State Court of appeal. The courthouse was established in 1860 and recreated in 1880; further advancement was made to the building. The new courthouse site was approved in 2011, and the occupancy will start in 2016. It is a unified court served by four judicial officers, one commissioner and one facilitator. 42 support staff are working in this court. It has jurisdiction over the criminal, civil, family, appeal, small claims, juvenile, traffic, and vehicle matters. They provide online services like online payment, calendar, forms, fines, jury status and many more, so it is optional to go to court for these services. This court also provides self-help for a different division. Proper dressing is required during the court session. Three superior courts are located in this county that are:


How to search for case information?

Tehama County Superior Court Case Search can be found online using https://courtcasefinder.com/california/tehama-county-superior-court. The court maintained all the case records in the file or database. The case search can be done in the following ways:

  • Searching by case number
  • Searching by first and last name
  • Searching by citation or ticket number
  • Searching by email
  • Searching by phone number
  • Searching by address
See also  maricopa county superior court case search

After you enter any search information, it will come if it is available and is not confidential and sealed. If the case is personal and sealed, then you have to go to the court and request record access, and then the court will decide whether to provide that case information or not. Fees for the copies per page for records are mandatory, and you had to pay when coming to the court.

see also How To Submit Evidence In Family Court

How to make a payment?

Tehama County Superior Court payment can be made in the following ways:


A person can pay tickets and fines by visiting the hall of justice during regular court hours and paying in cash, checks, US funds, or a card at the court payment office. Take your ticket and case number with you when you come for payment. 2% surcharges will be applied if you make payment with a credit card. 


Online payments can be made using the court online portal http://www.tehamasuperiorpayments.com/. Look for the case by any method and pay online. Convenience fees will be applied using this method.


A Person can send a certified check or money order to the court’s mailing address; 1740 Walnut St, Red Bluff, CA 96080, United States. Cash or personal checks are not acceptable in the mail; only certified checks or money orders are accepted. Remember to write your citation, name, case number, and account number when you send the payment, and mail the amount in a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you want a receipt. Please attach the courtesy notice to the envelope if paying for a traffic ticket.


Payment can also be paid by calling 530-737-5100. Follow the steps they tell you. Service charges are applied in this case. 

How to appear remotely?

Tehama County Superior Court remote appearance can be done for some eligible civil, family and probate cases via WebEx. Fill out the form and send a request to the court for a remote appearance. If the court accepts your request that they send you a schedule or an access code, you can take a virtual hearing from that access code or by the number they give you. You can also check the schedule online; it is available on the website.

 The civil division handles which types of cases?

Tehama County civil division handles matters related to civil as well as family matters. The family issues include:

  • Divorce, legal separation and nullity
  • Child custody, visitation and support or support action
  • Family or spousal support
  • Domestic violence issue
  • Adoption
  • Conservatorship
See also  East Orange Court

What is the purpose of family court service?

Tehama County family court service gives mediation services in family law cases where the parents disagree with the child custody parenting plan during the divorce or legal separation. The purpose of this is to:

  • Assist families in domestic controversies involving the children’s welfare.
  •  They try to ensure that children get frequent and equal contact with both parents after divorce.
  •  Encourage the parents to take responsibility and cooperate with the court.

Legal terms related to child custody include timeshare, legal custody, joint legal custody, sole legal custody, physical custody, joint physical custody and sole physical custody. Attend the parent orientation class for mediation if you are involved in child custody matters.  

see also Carteret County Superior Court

How can I file a small claim case?

Tehama County Small Claim Court handles all matters in which the claim is up to $7500 for a person and $5000 for a business. It is a special court where issues are resolved quickly and with less cost. The rules are very simple. You can file a small claim case by filling out the forms available online and in the clerk’s office. Type your and the defendant’s personal information, the reason and the amount you are claiming and send it to the court. You can contact the small claim advisor if you need help or assistance. The court will recommend that both parties attend a mediation session on the day of the hearing so your case can end with a successful resolution.

How many types of juvenile cases are handled by this court?

Tehama County juvenile court handles the cases in which a minor is involved. Two types of cases are taken that are:

· Juvenile delinquency cases:

It includes cases in which a juvenile violates the rules and is charged with violating the law, and it is considered a crime if an adult commits it. The intercounty transfer for this type of case is held every Tuesday at 10:00 am.

· Juvenile dependency cases:

It involves a case in which the juvenile is neglected or abused. The child’s further responsibility and placement will be given to the child protective service. The intercounty transfer for this type of case is held every Tuesday at 1:00 pm. Juvenile cases are confidential, and the data is only provided to the person involved, like the parents, attorney and lawyer.

The traffic court handles which types of cases?

Tehama County traffic court handles adult and juvenile traffic and vehicle violations that include speeding, driving without or with an expired license, going while you have drugs, accidents etc. They also handle some ordinances related to the city and local. The criminal division handles the cases that involve DUI. The court will mail you a courtesy notice on the citation address after you receive a traffic or infraction ticket. That notice will tell you detailed information on the citation number, schedule, violation you had done, bail amount, eligibility for traffic violation school etc. If your citation includes a court appearance, then appearing in the court on the schedule is mandatory. Many options for resolving traffic tickets if a court appearance is not required are: 

  • Sign up for the traffic school if your case is eligible. After completing it, your traffic infraction records will be removed.
  •  Pay the total amount of the fine on time.
  •  Show some proof of correction if the case is related to insurance or no vehicle registration and pay a reduced amount of fine with the correction fees.
  • Contest the violation by requesting a trial by sending a plea of not guilty. Two types of trials are available: written declaration trials and trials by the court.
See also  middlesex superior court

You had to respond with a solution before the deadline. Contact the clerk’s office if you are still waiting to receive any mail for courtesy notice.

see also Moore County District Court


How can I request an interpreter?

Contact the clerk’s office as soon as possible if you want an interpreter. They will provide you with the case hearing.

How can I know my juror status?

You can call at 5:00 pm one day before your schedule to confirm whether your appearance is required.

Dial: 530-527-3946 

What happens if I fail to appear or pay on time?

If you fail to appear or do not pay the fine on time, further conviction and fine will be imposed on you, your driving license and insurance will be suspended, and a $100 civil penalty will be imposed on you.  

Counties in California

Alameda | Alpine | Amador | Butte | Calaveras | Colusa | Contra Costa | Del Norte | El Dorado | Fresno | Glenn | Humboldt | Imperial | Inyo | Kern | Kings | Lake | Lassen | Los Angeles | Madera | Marin | Mariposa | Mendocino | Merced | Modoc | Mono | Monterey | Napa | Nevada | Orange | Placer | Plumas | Riverside | Sacramento | San Benito | San Bernardino | San Diego | San Francisco | San Joaquin | San Luis Obispo | San Mateo | Santa Barbara | Santa Clara | Santa Cruz | Shasta | Sierra | Siskiyou | Solano | Sonoma | Stanislaus | Sutter | Tehama | Trinity | Tulare | Tuolumne | Ventura | Yolo | Yuba

Federal courts

Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals | U.S. District Court: Central District of California, Eastern District of California, Northern District of California, Southern District of California | U.S.

Bankruptcy Court: Central District of California, Eastern District of California, Northern District of California, Southern District of California

State courts

California Supreme Court | California Courts of Appeal | California Superior Courts | Superior Court of California

State resources

Courts in California | California judicial elections | Judicial selection in California

Similar Posts