Schuylkill County Courthouse

Schuylkill County Courthouse

Connect with a Attorney


Schuylkill County Court is a city serving the residents of Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania. The appeal from the middle district goes to the 3rd circuit in the United States Court of Appeals. The first courthouse was built in 1816 with a two-story brick structure, and in 1827 a separate building was established and further advancements were made. The latest building was built in 1987 with a juvenile detention center. It has jurisdiction over criminal, juvenile civil, traffic, and vehicle matters. Weapons are prohibited in this court. The court rules and procedures must be followed by every person that visits the court. Proper dressing is mandatory when you visit the court hearing. The parking is available directly behind the courthouse.

How to search for case records?

Schuylkill County Court case search for records can be found online using The court maintains all the records online, in files, or in a database. The case search can be done using the first, and last name of the city. After entering the data, the case information will come. This website will only show those records information that is publicly available. The sealed records are not available for the viewing of the public. Some records are unavailable; if the information does not come, the case records will be removed or confidential and cannot be displayed online. You have to go to the court for these types of records and submit a request, the court will then approve whether to give you the information or not. You had to pay the mandatory fees for each per-page copy of the record if you need the records certified copies.

How to make a payment?

Schuylkill County Court payments can be made in the following ways:

· In-Person:

A person can pay for tickets and fines by visiting the court during regular court hours and paying in cash, checks, or with a card at the court payment window. Take your ticket and citation number with you when you come for payment. Service charges will be applied if you make a payment with a credit card. 

· Online: 

Online payments can be made using the court Online Payment Portal the case number, traffic or citation number. Your case information with the amount of the fine will be displayed. Select the payment option and pay the amount online. Processing fees will be applied in this method.

· Mail: 

A Person can send a certified check or money order to the court’s mailing address; Central Collections Bureau c/o Clerk of Courts Office 401 N. Second Street Pottsville, PA 17901. Cash or personal checks are not acceptable in the mail; only certified checks or money orders are accepted. Remember to write your citation, name, case number, and account number when you send the payment, and mail the amount in a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you want a receipt.

What is the responsibility of the adult probation department?

Schuylkill County Courthouse’s adult probation department’s responsibility is to provide supervision to offenders who are sentenced to Probation or are placed on the Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition Program (ARD). The main goal is to protect society economically. They provide many programs like driving under the influence, domestic violence programs, retail theft remediation programs, testing of drugs, general supervision and many more.

How can a divorce case be filled?

Schuylkill County Courthouse divorce cases can be filled out online using  www.pacourts.u or you can visit the clerk’s office and file the case there. The fees for a divorce complaint are $127 and if custody involves then $333.50. After filing you had to submit some documents of your and your spouse. After the documents will be verified a case hearing for divorce will be held and both parties had to be present at that time.

How can a custody case be filled?

Schuylkill County Courthouse custody department is responsible for providing the filling and procedural information, custody orders, history form and kids first. The custody case can be filled online using  www.pacourts.u or you can visit the clerk’s office and file the case there. The fees for custody complaints with stipulation are $123, with the conference is $237 and the petition for modification of custody is $188. You had to submit the original documents with some copies for these types of cases. When the case hearing is held both parents with the children had to be present in that court.

What are the fees for prothonotary cases?

Schuylkill County Courthouse prothonotary cases fees schedule depends upon the types of matters and cases. $42 for the arbitrators’ award appeal form, $106 for the board of viewer appeal form, $79 for the District Justice appeal form, $106 for the notice of superior court form, $244 for the complaint with conference custody, $100 for the petition for contempt custody and many more.

What is the responsibility of the court clerk?

Schuylkill County Courthouse clerk is responsible for managing and safeguarding all the records, collecting and distributing all the payments, resolving payment issues, helping judges in the cases, making a schedule for the case, solving queries of the people that visit the court and providing certificates and documents. The clerk is prohibited from giving legal advice but they can help you with the procedure, give directions, and give you information about the attorney or agency that can guide you legally.

How can a marriage license be obtained?

Schuylkill County Courthouse license can be obtained from the court clerk’s office. You had to submit a marriage license form with the photo ID, and birth certificate and if this is anyone’s second marriage then a divorce or death certificate document of the previous spouse had to be submitted when applying for the certificate. The couple had to be presented when applying for the license. After you get a license, you can apply for a wedding ceremony.

How can kid’s first program registration be done?

Schuylkill County Courthouse’s first program registration will be done by filling out the form available online and mailing it to the court. Fill out your name, city, state, zip, email, phone number and docket number. Send a money order or paycheck with this form. This kid-first program is compulsory in custody cases for the parents, it is a three-hour educational program. After you complete this program, a certificate will be awarded to you and you have to present this certificate during the custody hearing.


How to contact the kid’s first program if I have a query?

You can contact me by sending a text at 570-906-8517 if you have any queries related to the kids’ first program.

Which department hears orphans regarding cases?

The orphan’s court cases will be heard by the general jurisdiction trial court of the common pleas division. 

What is the email of the domestic relation department?

 [email protected] is the email for the domestic relation department and you can contact them using this email if you need any help.

Counties is Pennsylvania

Adams | Allegheny | Armstrong | Beaver | Bedford | Berks | Blair | Bradford | Bucks | Butler | Cambria | Cameron | Carbon | Centre | Chester | Clarion | Clearfield | Clinton | Columbia | Crawford | Cumberland | Dauphin | Delaware | Elk | Erie | Fayette | Forest | Franklin | Fulton | Greene | Huntingdon | Indiana | Jefferson | Juniata | Lackawanna | Lancaster | Lawrence | Lebanon | Lehigh | Luzerne | Lycoming | McKean | Mercer | Mifflin | Monroe | Montgomery | Montour | Northampton | Northumberland | Perry | Philadelphia | Pike | Potter | Schuylkill | Snyder | Somerset | Sullivan | Susquehanna | Tioga | Union | Venango | Warren | Washington | Wayne | Westmoreland | Wyoming | York

Federal courts:

Third Circuit Court of Appeals | U.S. District Court: Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Middle District of Pennsylvania, Western District of Pennsylvania | U.S. Bankruptcy Court: Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Middle District of Pennsylvania, Western District of Pennsylvania

State courts:

Supreme Court of Pennsylvania | Pennsylvania Superior Court | Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court | Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas | Pennsylvania Magisterial Districts

State resources:

Courts in Pennsylvania | Pennsylvania judicial elections | Judicial selection in Pennsylvania

Similar Posts