The Court Direct 5 1

Hardin Municipal Court


Working Hours:
Monday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Wednesday:9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Thursday:  9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday:  9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed


Judge Gregory A. Grimslid


Connect with a Attorney


Hardin County Courthouse AKA Hardin Municipal Court is a courthouse serving the residents of Hardin County in Kountze, Texas. The appeal from the Eastern district goes to the 5th circuit of the United state court of Appeals. The courthouse was established in 1859 then further buildings were constructed. The latest building that is serving the residents was built in 1959 and is known as “Five of The Ugliest Texas County Courthouses by Houstonia magazine in 2013. It has jurisdiction over criminal, civil, probate, traffic, and vehicle matters. The court rules and procedures must be followed by every person that visits the court. Proper dressing is required in the courthouse. It consists of two courts:

  • County Court
  • District Court
See also  Superior court of San Joaquin

How to search for case records?

Hardin CountyCourthouse case search for records can be found online using The court maintains all the records online, in files, or a database. The case search can be done using the following ways:

· Search by Case Number

· Search by Name / Company

· Search by Hearing Date

Click on the case types you want to search and also select how many matches per page you want. After entering the data, the case information will come. This website will only show those records information that is publicly available. The sealed records are not available for the viewing of the public. Some records are unavailable; if the information does not come, the case records will be removed or confidential and cannot be displayed online. You have to mail a record request form to the court. The court will then decide whether to provide you with the information or not. You had to pay the mandatory fees for each per-page copy of the record if you need the records certified copies.

see also Clinch County Clerk Of Court

How to search for dockets?

Hardin County Courthouse dockets can be found online using Enter the beginning and ending date of the case, select the case types and matches per page. The case full calendar with the time, room etc. will be displayed. The confidential case information will not be displayed, you had to contact the court for these case dockets.

How to make a payment?

Hardin CountyCourthouse payments can be made in the following ways:

· In-Person

A person can pay for tickets and fines by visiting the court during regular court hours and paying in cash, checks, or with a card at the court payment window. Take your ticket and citation number with you when you come for payment. Service charges will be applied if you make a payment with a credit card. 

· Online

Online payments can be made using the Texas Online payment portal or by court payment portal up your case by using the name or case number. After this, your case with the amount of the fine will be displayed. Pay using any online method. A convenience fee will be applied during this process.

See also  Colony Municipal Court

· Mail

A Person can send a certified check or money order to the court’s mailing address; 300 W Monroe St, Kountze, TX 77625, United States. Cash or personal checks are not acceptable in the mail; only certified checks or money orders are accepted. Remember to write your citation, name, case number, and account number when you send the payment, and mail the amount in a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you want a receipt.

See Also Hardin County Detention Center

Which types of family matters are handled by this court?

Hardin County Courthouse’s civil division handles family-related issues. The family issue includes divorce, adoption, child visitation and custody, and domestic violence matters. The child support will be provided by the clerk’s office, you have to fill out the form and submit it to the court for the matters of child visitation and custody matters after the divorce or separation. The form is available online and is known as a record of the support order. You had to write the county name, court number, case number, attorney general case number, hearing day and order sign date. Then write all the custodial and non-custodial parents’ information, dependent information and attorney information.

How can I take a virtual court hearing for my case?

Hardin County Courthouse virtual hearing facility is introduced during the coronavirus for all types of cases but now it is available for some cases. You have to submit a form for a virtual hearing and then the court will respond to whether your case will be eligible for the hearing or not. You will receive the username or password for the online hearing. You can join the virtual hearing at Join the hearing 5 minutes before the actual schedule. Enter your name, rile and then click register. The staff will let you in if you are eligible. You had to follow some instructions, keep your internet connection strong, mute the mic until your turn came, keep your video on and sit where your face is visible clearly, wear appropriate dress and do not use inappropriate language.

How can I apply for a marriage certificate?

Hardin County Court marriage certificates can be obtained in person or by mail from the county clerk of the court. You can apply for the certificate by filling out the form in the office or downloading the form online, filling it and mailing it to the county clerk’s office. You had to submit a valid ID, and birth certificate and if it’s your second marriage then the divorce or death certificate of the spouse from the previous marriage with the amount of the certificate. $82 is the cost of the marriage license and $47 is for the informal marriage license. You had to come to the court before 4:30 when you came for the certificate. 

See also  Whitehall Mayor's Court


What are the filing fees of cases and matters for the district court of Hardin County?

Hardin County District court filing fees depend upon the types of cases and matters. $137 is the fees for the state consolidated case, $50 for the basic clerk filling, $10 is the jury fund, $3 for the language access fund, $20 for the security of the courthouse, $5 for the appellate judicial system, $80 for civil cases that do not involve any family matters and $15 for the family-related case etc.


How can I apply for my birth certificate?

You can get the birth certificate from the county clerk of the court. Download the form online and fill in the information required or visit the county clerk’s office and fill the form there. After filling out the form, submit it and pay the amount. $21 is the fee for the certified copy and $4 per copy if you want additional copies.

Is probation available for adults?

Yes, the court provides probation to juveniles as well as to the adults. 

Counties is Ohio

Adams | Allen | Ashland | Ashtabula | Athens | Auglaize | Belmont | Brown | Butler | Carroll | Champaign | Clark | Clermont | Clinton | Columbiana | Coshocton | Crawford | Cuyahoga | Darke | Defiance | Delaware | Erie | Fairfield | Fayette | Franklin | Fulton | Gallia | Geauga | Greene | Guernsey | Hamilton | Hancock | Hardin | Harrison | Henry | Highland | Hocking | Holmes | Huron | Jackson | Jefferson | Knox | Lake | Lawrence | Licking | Logan | Lorain | Lucas | Madison | Mahoning| Marion | Medina | Meigs | Mercer | Miami | Monroe | Montgomery | Morgan | Morrow | Muskingum | Noble | Ottawa | Paulding | Perry | Pickaway | Pike | Portage | Preble | Putnam | Richland | Ross | Sandusky | Scioto | Seneca | Shelby | Stark | Summit | Trumbull | Tuscarawas | Union | Van Wert | Vinton | Warren | Washington | Wayne | Williams | Wood | Wyandot

Federal courts:

Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals | U.S. District Court: Northern District of Ohio, Southern District of Ohio | U.S. Bankruptcy Court: Northern District of Ohio, Southern District of Ohio

State courts:

Ohio Supreme Court | Ohio District Courts of Appeal | Ohio Courts of Common Pleas | Ohio County Courts | Ohio Municipal Courts | Ohio Court of Claims

State resources:

Courts in Ohio | Ohio judicial elections | Judicial selection in Ohio

Similar Posts