Colony Municipal Court

Colony Municipal Court


Working Hours:
Monday:7:30 am – 5:30 pm
Tuesday: 7:30 am – 5:30 pm
Wednesday:7:30 am – 5:30 pm
Thursday:  7:30 am – 5:30 pm
Friday: 7:30 am – 11:30 pm
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed


Judge Anderson
Judge Richard E

Court Administrative:


Chief Prosecutor

Paul Johnson
Dial: 972-624-2200


Connect with a Attorney

Clerk of Courts

Maggie Jordan
Nancy Hernandez (Deputy)
Sarah Fetchko (Deputy)
Adlih Huerta (Deputy)

The Colony Municipal Court is a city courthouse in the County of Denton, New York. It has jurisdiction over C-type felony cases that occurs within the city limit. The cases include criminal, traffic, vehicle, and speeding matters violation of an ordinance of municipal and state statute. The court’s mission is to provide justice and serve all people efficiently, courteously, and professionally. The court is closed every day from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm.

See also  Girard Municipal Court

see also The 8th Circuit Court Of Appeals

How to search for the case record?

The Colony Municipal Court record information is available in the town clerk’s and county clerk’s offices and found online on different websites. All the case information and trails are recorded and maintained by the county and clerk’s office. They can be searched online by using the following ways:

  • Searching by name
  • Searching by case number
  • Searching by address
  • Searching by phone
  • Searching by email

Sometimes, information about records is unavailable online because it is confidential according to the law. This type of information is only available at the county court or county clerk’s office. They can be obtained by filing and sending a record request form. Fill in your name, phone number, email, address, city, and all other required information. Send the fees for the copies of the record. After receiving the form, the court will respond with whether to provide this information. For more information about the public records, call or mail the court. 

How to make payments?

The Colony Municipal Court payments for tickets and fines can be made in the following ways:


A person can pay for tickets and fines by visiting the court during regular court hours and paying in cash, checks, money order, or a card at the counter. 2.99% processing and other charges will be applied if you make payment with a credit card. 


A Person can sen d a certified check or money order to the court’s mailing address. The address is 5151 N Colony Blvd, The Colony, TX 75056, United States. Cash or personal checks are not acceptable in the mail; only certified checks or money orders are accepted. Remember to write your citation when you send the payment, and mail the amount in a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you want a receipt. You can also drop your payment envelope in the drop box. 

See also  Mamakating Town Court


The Colony Municipal Court can pay online by using the online payment portal: the citation number and the birth date. Your case with the amount will come, and then you can pay with any payment method. The service fees will be applied in this case. This method is not applicable if you want to use and pay for deferred disposition or a defensive driving course.


Payment can also be made by phone by calling 855-281-3560. Service charges will be applied in this method.

How can citations be resolved?

The Colony Municipal Court citation can be resolved in five ways. If you received a ticket, then do any of these options before the citation date:

  1. Write a plea for guilty or no contest and pay the fine
  2. Write a request for dismissal
  3. Request for a Driving Safety Course
  4. Request for a Deferred Disposition
  5. Request for the trial by entering a plea of not guilty

Contact the court if you end any help or guidance related to your citation date.

How many fines had to pay for traffic violations?

The Colony Municipal Court fine for traffic violation depends upon the type of violation a person has done. $200 for driving with a 1-9 miles over the speed limit, $334 for driving with 30+ miles over the speed limit,$220 if going with an invalid license, $175 if they operate with an expired registration, $180 if driving without a seat belt, and many more.

see also The 8th Circuit Court Of Appeals

How many pleas are available from this court?

The Colony Municipal Court plea could be written in you defense if you received a ticket. Three types of plea can be written and mailed to the court that are:

Plea of Guilty

Choose a guilty plea if you admit you violated the law or committed a crime. The court will review your application and respond with the fine amount or, in serious cases, with a court date. You can talk with the prosecutor in this plea case and discuss the charges against you. In this plea, you are eligible for a driving safety course or deferred disposition.

See also  Hardin Municipal Court

Plea of not Guilty

If you do not accept your offense and deny all the violations against you, then choose the plea of not guilty. The court will review your application and send you a schedule for your court appearance, and you have to appear on time. Firstly a trial date is given to you, and you must appear with all the proof in your defense. Hire an attorney in this case. In this plea case, you are not eligible for a driving safety course or for deferred disposition.

Plea of no Consent

This plea is written when you neither accept nor deny the charges against you while the court fills charges against you and give you a fine. You can apply for a driving safety course or deferred disposition.

How can I request a deferred disposition?

The Colony Municipal Court deferred disposition request can be made by appearing in the court or submitting the form in the clerk’s office.A probation form can dismiss your case when you complete this period. 180 days is the maximum time for probation. You are eligible for this deferred disposition if you did a traffic infraction violation, entered a plea of not guilty or no consent, have a valid non-commercial driver’s license, your traffic violation is not an accident, and other things available on the official website. You had to pay your charges fine with a $20 administrative fee when you come for the request.

see also The Fifth Circuit Court Of Appeals


Is the appearance of parents with the juvenile mandatory?

Yes, the appearance of parents with the juvenile mandatory. 

How did the citation search work?

The Colony Municipal Court citation search can be worked if you enter the citation number with the birth date. After entering the correct information, the record against your case will come.

How can I appeal against the court’s decision?

The court provides the Colony Municipal Court appeal facility if you are not satisfied with the court decision. You had to write a motion for the new trial within 10 days of your decision. If the court denies the motion trial, file an appeal bond within 10 days. 

Similar Posts