Colonie Town Court

Colonie Town Court


Working Hours:
Monday: 8:30 am– 4:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:30 am– 4:00 pm
Wednesday:8:30 am– 4:00 pm
Thursday:  8:30 am– 4:00 pm
Friday: 8:30 am– 4:00 pm
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed


Judge David R. Green
Judge Andrew C. Sommers
Judge Norman C. Massry



Chief Prosecutor

Anthony Cardona 
Dial: 518-783-2714


Connect with a Attorney

Clerk of Courts

Mary Falace

Colonie Town Court is a City and trial Courthouse in Albany County, New York. It is located within the 3rd Judicial District Department. The court has a wide range of jurisdiction on criminal and civil offenses, traffic and vehicle matters and small claims matters. It is the busiest justice court in the town; approximately 28000 cases are processed annually. Court sessions were held every day at different times. The jury duties were happening in the number 2 courtroom.

The traffic division handles which types of cases?

Colonie Town Court traffic division handles cases of traffic and vehicle violations. The violation includes speeding, accidents, using cell phones while driving, failing to follow a traffic signal or traffic control device, driving with a suspended or no license, leaving the scene of the accident, and driving recklessly. You can send a guilty or not guilty plea to the court before the date written on the ticket you received. The court will respond whether to appear in the court for the case, or only fines will be paid. If you do not pay the fine or on time, then your driving license and driving privilege will be suspended. You cannot request your license renewal until the court approves; if you need information about reduction charges for vehicle and traffic applications, contact the Vehicle and Traffic Prosecution Bureau.

See also  Superior Court of Kern | KERN COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT

see also When Will The Supreme Court Rule On Student Loan Forgiveness

How to find CAse Information?

Colonie Town Court can be found online by using the following ways:

  • Searching by name
  • Searching by case number
  • Searching by address
  • Searching by phone
  • Searching by email

All records are available in a file at the court clerk’s office. Some information about records is not available online because they are confidential by law. These types of information are only available at the court office. You had to submit a form for this information, and then the court would respond whether to provide the record information or not. Mostly confidential information is only given to the person involved in the case or to the police or investigation agency. The record search request is free of cost.

The criminal division handles which types of cases?

Colonie Town Court criminal division handles cases of criminal violations and offenses. The offences include murder, kidnapping, snacking, theft etc. In criminal cases, an appearance on the required date is mandatory; otherwise, fines or warrants will be issued against the person. Hiring an attorney or criminal lawyer in this type of case is necessary. If a person cannot afford an attorney, contact the Albany County public defender. For seeking their services.

Phone: 518-447-7150

How to file a small claims case?

Colonie Town Court small claims cases can be filled by filling out the small claims application form available at the clerk’s office. If you are busy, then any person on your behalf can come and file the statements of claims. You should tell the person’s name and address, the reason for the claims, and the amount you use in the application form. The maximum limit for a claim is $3000. The filing fee is $10 for claims less than $1000 and $15 for claims up to $3000. The person against which cases occur must be the resident of this town, and if the case is related to the property, then that property must also be in this town. Read the “A Guide to Small Claims Court in the NYS City, Town and Village Courts” available at the Court office or download the booklet online.

See also  Clark County Municipal Court

see also Understanding The Evolution Of Family Courts In The United States

How to make payments?

Colonie Town Court traffic tickets and other payments can be made in the following ways:


A person can pay for traffic tickets and fines by visiting the court during regular court hours and paying in cash, checks, or with a card at the counter. Service or deduction charges of 2.99% will be applied if you pay with a credit card.


A person can pay online by using the online payment website The system only accesses by ticket or with a case number. Processing fees will be applied in this online method.


 A Person can send a certified check or money order to the court’s mailing address. The address is Justice Department, 312 Wolf Rd, Latham, NY 12110, United States. Cash or personal checks are not acceptable in the mail; only certified checks are accepted.


 A person can pay by phone by nCourt at 1-877-793-9904.

How to get a marriage license?

Colonie Town Court’s marriage license is obtained from the clerk’s office and given by the Albany County health department. The fee for a marriage license is $40 and for certificates is $10 per copy. The couple’s age must be 18+. If someone is under 18, written consent from parents, guardians, and the judge are mandatory. To get the certification, the couple had to submit a marriage form with an original sealed birth certificate issued by the state, photo ids like a driver’s license, Passport, or anything that could prove their identity. The application form is available at the clerk’s office. Review the marriage worksheet before the preparation of the application. If this is anyone’s second marriage, a divorce paper or spouse death certificate must be required at the time of registration. If anyone wants the copies, fill out the certificated copy of the marriage license request, and submit it to the court. The judges can perform the civil wedding. A person had to make an appointment for the ceremony request. To schedule an appointment, contact 518-783-2714.

See also  Yolo County Superior Court

see also Understanding Child Abuse


What is the contact number of the court clerk?

The Colonie Town Court clerk’s phone number is 518-783-2714. Visit the clerk during working hours or call them for any guidance.

What are the services of the clerk?

Colonie Town Court town clerk provides the following service:

  • Provide Marriage License
  • Provide Birth and Death Certificate
  • Other License
  • Provides Permits
  • Provides Documents

In addition to the fine given by the judge, surcharges are also provided. Can the surcharges be waived?

No surcharges cannot be waived because they are mandatory with the fine according to the CPL 420.35, but there is a provision that allows times to pay for the surcharges to be deferred.

What is a supporting deposition?

It is a document that contains the information of why a ticket was given to you, the time, location and all other details you need.

Where is the public defender’s office located?

Colonie Town Court’s public defender office is in Albany County, and Stephen W. Herrick is the public defender.

Counties is New York

Albany | Allegany | Bronx | Broome | Cattaraugus | Cayuga | Chautauqua | Chemung | Chenango | Clinton | Columbia | Cortland | Delaware | Dutchess | Erie | Essex | Franklin | Fulton | Genesee | Greene | Hamilton | Herkimer | Jefferson | Kings | Lewis | Livingston | Madison | Monroe | Montgomery | Nassau | New York | Niagara | Oneida | Onondaga | Ontario | Orleans | Oswego | Otsego | Putnam | Queens | Rensselaer | Richmond | Rockland | St. Lawrence | Saratoga | Schenectady | Schoharie | Schuyler | Seneca | Steuben | Suffolk | Sullivan | Tioga | Tompkins | Ulster | Warren | Washington | Wayne | Westchester | Wyoming | Yates

Federal courts:

Second Circuit Court of Appeals | U.S. District Court: Eastern District of New York, Western District of New York, Northern District of New York, Southern District of New York | U.S. Bankruptcy Court: Eastern District of New York, Western District of New York, Northern District of New York, Southern District of New York

State courts:

New York Court of Appeals | New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division | New York Supreme Court | New York County Courts | New York City Courts | New York Town and Village Courts | New York Family Courts | New York Surrogates’ Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York Court of Claims | New York Problem Solving Courts

State resources:

Courts in New York | New York judicial elections | Judicial selection in New York

Similar Posts