Clark County Municipal Court

Clark County Municipal Court


Working Hours:
Monday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Wednesday:8:00 am – 5:00pm
Thursday:  8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday:  8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed


Richard O’Neill
Douglas Rastatter
Thomas Capper
Richard P. Carey
Robert Vaughn


Connect with a Attorney


Clark County Municipal Court is a city courthouse located in Springfield Clark County Ohio. The courthouse was established in 1828 and designed by Ambler and Fisher then in 1918 a new building was constructed but it was burned. A new building was built in 1924 and it is serving the residents of this county.

It has jurisdiction over criminal, civil, trusteeship, traffic, and vehicle matters. Weapons are prohibited in this court. The court rules and procedures must be followed by every person that visits the court. Proper dressing is required in the courthouse.

How to search for case records?

Clark County Municipal Court case search for records can be found online using The court maintains all the records online, in files, or in a database. The case search can be done using the following ways:

  • Search by Case Number
  • Search by Traffic or Citation Number
  • Search by Name 
  • Search by Social Security Number 
  • Search by Driver’s License Number
  • Search by License Plate Number
See also  Palmer Municipal Court

After entering the data, the case information will come. This website will only show those records information that is publicly available. The sealed records are not available for the viewing of the public. Some records are unavailable; if the information does not come, the case records will be removed or confidential and cannot be displayed online.

You have to go to court or mail a manual request for these types of records. The court will decide whether to provide you with the information or not. You had to pay the mandatory fees for each per-page copy of the record if you need the records certified copies.

see also Cullman County Alabama Court

How to search for dockets?

Clark County Municipal Court dockets can be searched online using The schedule will be displayed online but if the case is confidential then it will not display, you have to contact the court for these types of case schedules.

Select the query, case type, date, and judge name. After entering this information, the detailed schedule containing the court time, arraignments, defendant name, jail/ bond, case/count, the charge, state/ city and the attorney name will be displayed. 

How to make a payment?

Clark County Municipal Court payments can be made in the following ways:

· In-Person:

A person can pay for tickets and fines by visiting the court during regular court hours and paying in cash, checks, or with a card at the court payment window. Take your ticket and citation number with you when you come for payment. Service charges will be applied if you make a payment with a credit card. 

· Online: 

Online payments can be made using up your case by using the name, case, social security, citation, ticket, driver’s license, driver’s license plate number. After this, your case with the amount of the fine will be displayed. Pay using any online method. A convenience fee will be applied during this process.

See also  Orchard Park Town Court

· Mail: 

A Person can send a certified check or money order to the court’s mailing address; 50 E Columbia St # 2, Springfield, OH 45502, United States. Cash or personal checks are not acceptable in the mail; only certified checks or money orders are accepted. Remember to write your citation, name, case number, and account number when you send the payment, and mail the amount in a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you want a receipt.

see also Family Court Lawyer And How To Select One

How can small claims cases be filled?

Clark County Municipal Court civil division will handle the eviction, landlord, small claims matters if the claims are up to $10,000. Small claim cases can be filled by filling out the form available online on the website. Fill out the personal information of the plaintiff and the defendant, the statement of claim and the amount you are claiming. After the claim is filed, a notice for the trial date will be sent to both parties.

If the defendant does not appear on the trial, then a judgment may be turned against you. Make sure the plaintiff had brought all the documents at the trial and submitted them at the court during the hearing. If the defendant accepts the claim but wants time to pay the claim then they may request it during the trial. Citizen’s guide for the small claim is also available for help.

How can traffic tickets be resolved?   

Clark County Municipal Court traffic division handles all traffic speeding and vehicle violation matters. The violation includes accidents, speeding, using a mobile phone while driving, leaving the scene of the accident, passing by a school bus, violating traffic signals and traffic rules and many more. You can receive a citation after some days of getting the traffic ticket. If the ticket contains a mandatory appearance, then you have to appear on the schedule. If the court does not contain mandatory appearance, then many options are available that are:

  • Pay the full fine on the time 
  • Submit the proof of correction 
  • Enter and send a plea to the court

 How many pleas can be sent to the court?

Clark County Municipal Court plea options are available for some traffic tickets and cases. Two types of pleas are available which are:

See also  Pasadena Municipal Court

· Plea of guilty:

If you are guilty of your actions then write this plea. After sending it the court will review your plea and send you the amount of the fine and there is no need to appear in court.

· Plea of not guilty:

If you are not guilty of your act, then write this plea and ask for a trial by a judge or jury. The court will give you a schedule and you have to appear on that day with your proof of innocence.

 What is the purpose of the trusteeship division?

Clark County Municipal Court will protect a debtor whose salary is about to be garnished by the creditors by paying a wages portion to the court for disbursement and garnishment. If you need any help or guidance contact the civil division at 937-328-3715.

see also Mercer County Pennsylvania Court


What happens if I do not pay a traffic fine on time?

If you do not pay traffic fines on time then your license will be suspended, extra fines will be added to the previous one and in serious cases, warrants will be issued against you.

How many local rules are provided by this court?

Eight local rules are provided by this court that are:

  • Amendment civil rules 2007
  • 3.8.1 Home rule manufactures
  • Amendment order for civil costs
  • Mediation
  • Practice rules
  • Service for commercial carrier
  • Driving under OVI suspension
  • Fee funds for probation 
How can I see daily case activity?

You can see daily case activity at

Counties is Ohio

Adams | Allen | Ashland | Ashtabula | Athens | Auglaize | Belmont | Brown | Butler | Carroll | Champaign | Clark | Clermont | Clinton | Columbiana | Coshocton | Crawford | Cuyahoga | Darke | Defiance | Delaware | Erie | Fairfield | Fayette | Franklin | Fulton | Gallia | Geauga | Greene | Guernsey | Hamilton | Hancock | Hardin | Harrison | Henry | Highland | Hocking | Holmes | Huron | Jackson | Jefferson | Knox | Lake | Lawrence | Licking | Logan | Lorain | Lucas | Madison | Mahoning| Marion | Medina | Meigs | Mercer | Miami | Monroe | Montgomery | Morgan | Morrow | Muskingum | Noble | Ottawa | Paulding | Perry | Pickaway | Pike | Portage | Preble | Putnam | Richland | Ross | Sandusky | Scioto | Seneca | Shelby | Stark | Summit | Trumbull | Tuscarawas | Union | Van Wert | Vinton | Warren | Washington | Wayne | Williams | Wood | Wyandot

Federal courts:

Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals | U.S. District Court: Northern District of Ohio, Southern District of Ohio | U.S. Bankruptcy Court: Northern District of Ohio, Southern District of Ohio

State courts:

Ohio Supreme Court | Ohio District Courts of Appeal | Ohio Courts of Common Pleas | Ohio County Courts | Ohio Municipal Courts | Ohio Court of Claims

State resources:

Courts in Ohio | Ohio judicial elections | Judicial selection in Ohio

Similar Posts